Emily’s Etiquette and Event Guide
- Upon invitation, remove your coat and sit down. It is rude to look like you’re about to leave.
- Build on your friendships to create a large social network.
- Always have a plan ready for the day.
- Ask what is new in people’s lives.
- Offer a drink when people arrive.
Keeping a Household
- Keep fresh flower centerpieces and candles on all appropriate surfaces.
- Always have polite, quiet conversation ready for the dinner table.
- Classical music in the background is always pleasant.
- Pretty china and tea cups can make a dessert seem more special.
- Celebrate life’s little accomplishments (like Rory getting into Chilton).